Boost Your Sales Energy
Our thoughts and our bodies are inextricably connected. In his classic, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill shares his secret to success: “We become what we think about.” These six words inspired me to believe that if I could control what I thought about, I could control what I would become. So when I was younger, I read voraciously about ‘success’; autobiographies of great people, ‘how to’ books and inspirational literature. I listened to audiotapes and CDs while driving and collected literally thousands of positive messages – messages that boosted my confidence and energy. I controlled what I thought about and fed my brain the nutrients of positivity, clearly defined goals, possibilities, and opportunities. I felt I could achieve anything I put my mind to and my energy level enabled me to run four companies, write books, raise wonderful kids, and volunteer in my community.
In spite of that, from time to time the negatives of the world can sap my energy. I may find myself reading darker mysteries, or listening to the sensational news. I become more cynical about politics, religion and humanity. And I discover that my energy level has suffered. What I am thinking about is not aligned with my goals and what I want to become. Without a sustained level of energy, meaningful activities are more difficult. So when that happens it’s time for a reboot.
Here’s what I do to boost my energy levels and get back on track:
- Exercise daily – at least 60 minutes
- Eat healthier – we all know what that means
- Read something positive or productive every day
- Replace darker reading with biographies or inspirational stories
- Listen to positive, instructive CDs while driving
- Choose with whom I associate – positive people
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude – be thankful for what I have
- Take action on ideas rather than procrastinating
- Reframe negative thoughts rather than dwelling on them
Energy – both positive and negative – is our life force and it is contagious. It lifts others up or brings them down. We have to consciously take steps to guard and enhance that inner power. The more we have, the more we can achieve.
August 2, 2017
Type the characters you see in the picture left; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.